Share This

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To Answer Your Question FACEBOOK...GOD IS ON MY MIND!

Women I meet from place to place and even in my own local Bible Study often bring up the "Why do I struggle to be close to God? The harder I attempt to get involved in activities, or the more I do the harder life is!" question.

Well I was reading this today...Living Bible Translation...he tells us why our efforts seem like an effort!

Isaiah 58:2

"We have fasted before you," they say. "Why aren't you impressed? Why don't you see our sacrifices? Why don't you hear our prayers? We have done much penance, and you don't even notice it!" I'll tell you why! Because you are living in evil pleasure even while you are fasting, and you keep right on oppressing your workers. 4 Look, what good is fasting when you keep on fighting and quarreling? This kind of fasting will never get you anywhere with me. 5 Is this what I want---this doing of penance and bowing like reeds in the wind and putting on sackcloth and covering yourselves with ashes? Is this what you call fasting? 6 No, the kind of fast I want is that you stop oppressing those who work for you and treat them fairly and give them what they earn. 7 I want you to share your food with the hungry and bring right into your own homes those who are helpless, poor and destitute. Clothe those who are cold and don't hide from relatives who need your help. 8 If you do these things, God will shed his own glorious light upon you. He will heal you/ your godliness will lead you forward, and goodness will be a shield before you and the glory of the Lord will protect you from behind. 9 Then, when you call, the Lord will answer. "Yes, I am here," he will quickly reply. All you need to do is to stop oppressing the weak, and to stop making false accusations and spreading vicious rumors! 10 Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. 11 And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like and ever-flowing spring. 12 Your sons will rebuild the long-deserted ruins of your cities, and you will be known as "The People Who Rebuild Their Walls And Cities."

-----------
Well except for that whole "don't hide from your relatives thingy!>>>" Are my kids to count as relatives? Yes I sometimes feel like hiding from them! Love them, but how can I miss them if they won't go away? smile smile...wink

Go Rebuild Some Walls girlfriends!!

Just Thinkin'

Kathy

Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT