Share This

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Discipline Is NOT a Dirty Word

Discipline!!! AARRGG! It always makes me think of being "IN TROUBLE" when it should make me think of being loved. God loves us...so as His children HE sometimes disciplines us. God wants the best for us so He advises us to exercise discipline in our lives.

I am looking at chores that I have done many times before in my life and thinking I could skip them, put them off, complain about them, train my dog to do them or: just DO them.



Why do we need to live disciplined lives?

Well...I will try to go scrub a toilet to the GLORY of GOD while you read what I just read in Chuck Swindoll's book Wisdom for the Day


WE NEED DISCIPLINE

Poverty and shame will come to him who neglects discipline, but he who regards reproof will be honored. Provebs 13:18


Swindoll writes:

Discipline is one of the most hated terms of our times...right alongside patience and self control. But have you noticed how often it comes up in the testimonies of those who win?...

Here are some key uses of discipline:
No runner completes the training or a race without it.
No weight-loss program is maintained without it.
No human body is kept fit without it.
No mind is sharpened without it.
If you want to put a stop to mediocrity, to replace excuses with fresh determination and procrastination with tough-minded perseverance, you need discipline.

Charles Swindoll



LORD,

Help me to have the energy and the determination to accomplish what you have for me to do today. I know I can not do this on my own, but only through the power of your Holy Spirit.
Help me in the areas of disciplining my mouth...what I eat and what I say. Help me show discipline in how I respond to the authorities you put over me in my life. Please, help me be disciplined in the study and application of your word. Forgive me for my failure in these areas. Thank You for your strength. I can do what you want me to do, with your help.

AMEN



Not Just Thinkin'...but also Just Prayin',

Kathy

Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT