Share This

Friday, July 1, 2011

Do You Think Patrick Knew Jesus?


"Is life so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I care not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry (before the revolution)

We have forgotten. We have misunderstood. We can't be truly free and just do whatever we feel. I have seen so many families struggling by the actions of a child claiming their 'right' to do as they please. I have watched the record of obesity in America climb as we have freedom to an all you can eat lifestyle. I have watched marriages suffer from freedom to get a divorce. Countless future doctors, lawyers, pastors, teachers and scientists will not live to be born because there is freedom to 'choose'.
Real freedom comes only through knowing truth. Real freedom comes from the decision to serve; not rule or lord over someone else in the name of exercising your rights.

"But I do have rights" you say. "But America is the home of the free to do what I want, home of the brave" you say. I believe the Bible is clear in the area of surrendering our rights to God. The American constitution and the Bible, to me, are two of the most precious documents ever written. Neither gives us the illusion that we can 'do whatever we want'. We must consider our fellow man,woman,or child. We must hold to God's teachings and in doing so, sometimes, you/I will NOT get to just do what we want to do. I believe our country was founded on Christian principles. History and documentation will support that belief. I am thankful for my liberty. I am saddened to see some of my liberties are being taken away by leaders and politicians that don't know truth. However, I am not surprised by this. Scripture is clear that when we honor God, we are blessed. We are no longer a country that honors God. How can we expect to continue to be a country of great blessing? Our brave men and women continue to fight for these freedoms today. We must pray for them. We must thank them by not electing those who want to destroy our foundation and freedom. Patrick Henry was brave and wise. I know one even braver and wiser:

In John 8:31-32 Jesus is speaking:

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

By the way, I had never noticed the words TO THE JEWS WHO HAD BELIEVED HIM! WOW!!! They are HIS chosen people. We must not only pray for God to Bless America, but to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122

Let's hold to HIS teaching and the concept that Patrick Henry may or may not have understood; Freedom often comes at the price of one's life. Our freedom came at the price of 'ONE' life; Jesus Christ. If our constitution and the Declaration of Independence no longer remain...will you keep a covenant? Will you keep the Declaration of Dependence on our God? In HIM...I am free.

Just Thinkin' and praying you too are free,
KL

God please Bless America; but,God Almighty, give me liberty in Christ or give me death...for as Paul wrote in Phillipians 1:21, for me to live IS Christ, to die IS gain.


AMEN

Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT