Share This

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Look at That So Called Christian

Look...that 'so called Christian' is a hypocrite.

Look how she seems perfect. Look how she has her act together.

Or does she?

I think she spends more time on her reputation then on her character.

Is she constantly in a soft marketing program for self promotion?

Doesn't she know God sees the heart? Doesn't she understand, the heart is wicked? Does the spirit of Ananias and Sapphira call her? 

Look at that so called "Christian"!

Wait...that's...that is my mirror. In my own house. Am I...that 'so called Christian'?

Why are the streaks in the mirror?

I've cleaned this over and over. What has happened?  I never noticed there were streaks.

Look...I never noticed... the bulbs that were burned out.

I changed the light. Now, the light is showing me...the image was false. I was never actually clean.

I... was never actually clean. I needed the light.

I have discovered in the light that I have a great capacity to act wickedly and do great evil. But I thought I had concealed it. The streaks were there all along.
God saw me. God knows me.

God is interested in my thoughts?

But why? Why is He interested in my motives, my desires, my thoughts? (Jeremiah 12:3)

Does He see the streaks?
Does He love me through the streaks?

I see my reflection now.
I only thought I was clean.
I tried so hard to clean myself up.
When I was not in the light, I looked okay.
I was fooling myself.

Does God ask the impossible in asking me to be holy? Clean?Obedient?

He knows my heart, yet asks me to "fear NOT"?

Is this an impossible God?
Am I impossibly doomed?
Should I pull my skirt over my head at the public square? Shamefully showing my sin which I thought was so well hidden safely out of the way?

Do I stop bathing and admit I can't stay clean?

Does He ask me to surrender?

I fall off the same tall fence over and over as I hopelessly ignore the "no trespassing" sign?

Does God know I don't want to do the things I do?
I don't want to trespass.
I don't want to be afraid.
Do I give up hoping that He sees even an ounce of courage in my heart?

Is there any hope for real change?
Should drought and famine and sword cause me to cover my head?
Will God let me down? Is that a real fear; that God...will let me down?

I silently put my hand over my mouth and remember Nothing- not even my own self made struggle or unfounded fear - is too hard for the Lord ...The God of All mankind! (Jeremiah 32:27)

He is, after all,  the restorer, the Holy One, the everlasting, the One who loves and forgives a repentant soul. He is the creator, the sustainer of all things?  Am I included in "all" things.
Yes, it is right here..."NOW NO CONDEMNATION" written in blood.
He has signed HIS name in blood on a binding contract to purchase my life back from the very pit of Hell.

So I will give thanks to the Lord Almighty
Maker of Heaven and Earth.
I will praise the one who called me to Himself. I will see the reflection of the maker. I will strive to become the very image of the Living God.


Mirror mirror, you don't get to judge me any longer.

The light revealed the streaks and the master has cleansed me.
God is my judge.
He is good, His love endures forever...and forever begins right this moment.

He is the Lord of the Promise, and HE knows my thoughts and loves me even still.

Establish the work of my hands, Lord, yes establish the work of all who want to serve you. Keep the light on as we seek to clean out the temple.

I've maybe too little oil, yet, is anything too hard for you, Abba, Father?
Come now:
Dwell in your temple.
Dwell in me.

Go ahead...look at that so called Christian.

So called and called so by the Holy Living God!


Jeremiah 17:7-8 MSG
“But blessed is the man who trusts me, God , the woman who sticks with God . They’re like trees replanted in Eden, putting down roots near the rivers— Never a worry through the hottest of summers, never dropping a leaf, Serene and calm through droughts, bearing fresh fruit every season.








Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT