Share This

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Be An Echo

Echo and His Master
by A Gentle Answer Ministries on Saturday, September 11, 2010 at 12:33pm
by Kathy Lonsinger

Well, since the washing machine broke last week (and yes I grumbled) I have found myself at the laundry mat twice this week.
Today, as I was waiting on a rinse cycle, I was allowed to observe a man and his dog. I've determined that God is up to something when things break at my house. This was a wonderful moment at the local laundry mat I would have missed had I been home doing laundry.
I was witnessing such a clear picture of Christ as the master and how I am to behave as the faithful servant no matter what is going on in the world around me.
Meet Echo:

Echo

Echo is a 12 year old Red Healer that waited outside the door of this laundry mat while Brad, his master, was inside getting his work done.
Echo had a gift Brad had given him years ago, a worn out tennis ball. The ball never got out of Echo's sight and neither did his master.
People came in and out of the door and Echo, constantly with his eyes on Brad, would try to offer the tennis ball to whoever paid any attention. Most people ignored Echo, some kind of seemed annoyed by the gift Echo was trying to share, but a few took the ball and shared the gift, but Echo never moved out of the sight of his master.

I am to "Echo" my master, Jesus, here on Earth. I am not to be moved by people around me coming and going with vain philosophy and emerging ideas of who Christ and the Church should be. Even if I am ignored or mistreated, I am to share the gift of the Gospel of Christ...the free gift of salvation. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He does not change, and His church had better note that!
He promised to return for those who would confess with their mouths that Jesus IS LORD and believe in their hearts that God raised Him from the dead.

He gave me the gift of life through His shed blood on the cross of Calvary. I will not be moved, and my eyes wait for Him to return to take me to the place He is preparing for me now.
Brad finished his work inside the door, came outside and by his voice command, Echo picked up his tennis ball and followed his master to the car.





I would like to thank God for using Echo and Brad to remind me that I am to be found waiting, serving, and unswerving when Christ returns.
I will wait upon the Lord and I want Him to return to find me faithful, having cherished the gift of salvation I have accepted.

The time is now...don't wait to make up your mind.
In Jesus Name I pray that you "Echo" the Image of the Living God, Christ Jesus.

Amen

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT