Share This

Friday, June 23, 2017

Betrayed By The Refrigerator

Ode to My Refrigerator
by
Kathy Lonsinger                                      (cue Refrigerator Heaven Music)



Why are you are suddenly cold?

Why must you kill the things that trust you to shelter them?

Why did you hate my cilantro so?
Your harsh and biting frost,
Has "squished" any hope my cucumber had to become something big someday (well actually...today).

Was it too much to ask that you remain faithful...constant?

I've sanitized you, bleached you, hung proudly my children's artwork on your door... introduced you to dairy.

I've never even opened another's door since we've been together (well except at Best Buy and the sale was really good...but alas...you are the one I came home to).

Do you understand the joy you have brought to my family the past ten years?
How then could you turn (your temperature) on me?
Are you angry that I have kept some of your old friends away lately? The Carbs, The Fats, and that family I love too...The Sweets?
I've introduced you to many new friends...the Fruit Family, the Veggies, the Proteins.
And while we knew none could stay long...at least you have always had someone to keep you company.

We've tired to repair this brokenness...
You would not cooperate.
This has proven too costly.

We invested so much -- so -- we kept on trying.

Alas, Refrigerator, I think it may be time for you to go...

I must depart...to rescue the ones you did not destroy with your chilled heart... but merely bruised. I must find now a fridge who has better self control.

Don't be sad...your light will still shine in our memory (even though you kept turning it off every time I shut the door)!

I do not hold a bitter grudge and I won't be blue...but I kind of think the new refrigerator should be.


To New Beginnings.



.........................................................................................................................................................

Note:

Do you keep trying to nurse along a failing habit, a job, a relationship, an activity that is NOT preserving who you are in Christ?

Either a major repair or starting over may be in order.  ( No...I do NOT mean marriage or divorce...seek Godly counsel)

Call the repair man...
He is always on call.

God promises, “Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” — things exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think. Jeremiah 33:3







Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT