Share This

Monday, September 21, 2020

Hide In The Cleft

Have you ever been jolted awake with the awful feeling that you over slept and missed a meeting, didn't get the kids to school, forgot that project, or will be late to work? That Netanyahu Final Stage "you blew it" kind of panic?


One morning, I woke up very early (around 5) and had a cup of coffee and went back to sleep.  At 9:00 exactly I jolted out of the bed, adrenaline rushing through my toes and back, in a panic that I had forgotten to get my son to school.  I was up and brushing teeth in the bathroom, zipping through the kitchen trying to figure out what to do first...when I realized it was Saturday, no school.

It took a moment, or twenty, before my heart settled down and I could just think straight to order my day. Wide awake and thinking...why do I not have a constant peace?

There is a peace promised to me when I spend time with the Father, in His word, and through my faith in Jesus Christ.

I have been trying to wake up with thoughts of God and asking HIM to order my day.
Noticing that the "jolting" at one point in time had become a normal response, I purposely have tried to wake up thanking God for another 24 hours of mercy and asking HIM to go with me into my day.

You see, after many years of wandering in what seemed like a desert wilderness, our family was ready to cross into that "promised land". Yet, we all realized, if God was not with us...we didn't want to go.

Again...this morning...Worry over a current need allowed me to panic. It made me forget that God will go with me into each situation. I must ask Him to go with me. I must give Him time in order to see where we shall go.

Like Moses in the desert in Exodus 33, If God was not going into the new place with him, Moses did not want to move one more step.

I so much want God to reveal HIS glory in my life.  I want the 'next' step, move, decision, action, to be what pleases Him and points to HIS glory.  Yet...I still fight the enemy from time to time with the "jolting awake" moments.
 The lack of peace, the fear, the adrenaline moments of self doubt and old habits. The not- trusting- that- God- will- lead- me- if- only- I -will- follow- in- faith----moments.

What makes simple believers in Christ waiver?
We believe, Lord help our unbelief.

Sometimes, we forget to take a Sabbath...yes I said TAKE, not observe.  We HAVE to take that precious gift of rest and peace that the Lord instructed us to take.

I will never be able to face God and take in HIS complete GLORY, but I can sit still and wait on Him to pass by and show me just a glimpse of His goodness and mercy, HIS majesty and HIS ability to work out any situation I am currently facing. In order to do so, I must hide myself in Him. I must carve.

If only we were able to hide in the cleft of the rock as Moses did long ago.

But, I think we can...

The difference between Moses and us? WE have to carve out the cleft...carve out TIME, carve out margin into our day to hide ourselves away from the noise and to do lists. We must hide in the cleft and wait for the Lord to PASS BY!

Where is YOUR Cleft?  Carve out a place, a space, time...maybe it's the Lazy Boy in the corner...maybe it's the back porch when the sun comes up. Maybe you, as I have had to do, need to literally sit in your closet with the door shut and invite the God of the Universe to invade your spirit...to pass by in such a way that the glory of His presence shines on your face.

Catch a glimpse of God today...carve out some time...Hide in the Cleft of the Rock of your salvation; Jesus is the Rock. He is written into every page of scripture.
                                         (Photo by Kathy Lonsinger Petra Jordan 2007)


What about:
-That job?
-That relationship?
-That marriage proposal?
-That move?
-That activity in your kid's school?
-That health issue/decision/fear?
-That time spent watching football, HGTV, endless HULU and Netflix shows?
-That money you are about to spend?
-Those words you are about to speak?

Challenge:
Would you evaluate how you are spending your time, treasure, and talent and ask: "God, Are you in this? God, is this an activity/decision that brings glory to you in my life?".

If the answer is NO...carve it out too...

When you emerge from the place you carve out today...maybe you could go read the account of Moses in Exodus and see how even he knew it was not worth it to leave the desert to go into a promise land without God leading him.

May this be a time of reflection. Life changing.
May God bless you and show you favor as you hide yourself in the cleft of the Rock!

Just Thinkin',  
Kathy

EXODUS 3315 For Moses had said, “If you aren’t going with us, don’t let us move a step from this place. 16 If you don’t go with us, who will ever know that I and my people have found favor with you, and that we are different from any other people upon the face of the earth?”

17 And the Lord had replied to Moses, “Yes, I will do what you have asked, for you have certainly found favor with me, and you are my friend.”[c]


Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT