Share This

Sunday, February 26, 2017

An Inconvenient Detour

I saw the quote (below my post) from a friend and I share it bacause It reminded me of something that happened to Richard and I in Beaumont 3 years ago yesterday. 

As I was going into Sam's I dropped my purse... spilling the contents all over the floor. 

For a minute I was grumbling. Then I gathered my things and just as I stood up a young man, Rich and I met awhile back, was standing right in front of me.



Yes, months earlier, Rich and I had done that routine of shopping for supplies then buying a slice of pizza on the way out the door.
We sat down at the little dining area and a few bites into the pizza, a young man asked,
"Ma'am, do you have to have a Sam's card to buy that and is it expensive?" I said no, if you are in the store you can pay with cash. 


He told us he was waiting (very nervously) for a job interview. Richard talked with this young man and encouraged him, gave him some advice on basic interview etiquette, prayed with him and then quietly gave the store manager money to buy Tyler a pizza after the interview.

Tyler was just a few months younger than our son who was away at school in Oklahoma...so Tyler was Our baby boy-man child for that afternoon.

So...time passed...and a spilled purse later...there was Tyler with "I know you!" and a big bear hug and... he was wearing a Sam's vest.

I would have missed him if my purse hadn't spilled!

On my friends post: "- I pray that God allows you to use an "inconvenience" or perceived interruption to your schedule today to minister to someone.-"

Ironically...It was Tyler who ministered to me. I needed that hug.

Praise God right in the middle of your "inconvenient" today!

Just Thinkin,
Kathy


And Moses said to the people, “Fear not, stand firm, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will work for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall never see again. The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent…” (14:13-14)

Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT