Share This

Saturday, January 22, 2011

God's GPS...The Bible


A few months ago I was in Kansas City for a writer’s conference. I was not familiar with the area and was looking down at the GPS to make sure I was following the instruction carefully to get to the venue. The flashing lights I saw in the mirror indicated I should have been paying closer attention to the street signs and speed limits and construction zone warning than I was my GPS.
I had the chance to meet one of Overland Parks finest as she pointed out that the speed limit had gone from 55 to 35 due to posted construction work.
I knew the Scottish accent of my GPS might get me in trouble that day but it wasn’t his fault I was looking to the wrong source for my direction.
You know, often I get people’s opinion confused with the posted word of God. His instructions to me in the Bible are clear and based in love to guide me.
Mr. Smarty pants from Scotland had no way to know about the orange work cones and warnings to slow down that were just posted. I was looking in the wrong place to get where I needed to go.
Look to Him, pay attention…and watch out for road blocks and warning signs!
Isaiah 8:20
Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn.
Psalm 119:105 (King James Version)
105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.


Just Thinkin',
Kathy



Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT