Share This

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Quietly ...Gently...Respectfully

Do you ever find yourself arguing about your Faith? How's that workin' for ya?

We are told to be ready to give an answer for the hope that we have (In Christ). We are never commanded to beat people over the head with our Bibles.

Some discussions I have had with unbelievers have made me feel defensive or inadequate in my knowledge of history or science. When I argue or get angry or disrespectful I reflect my dependence on ME. God asks us to trust Him and to be willing to share our reason for hope in Him.

Please join me in trying to express your faith to other people Quietly...Gently...and Respectfully as you fully trust the power of God to open their hearts and their ears to the truth of His love for them.
He doesn't need an attorney...no arguing necessary.

Scripture tells us:

Quietly trust yourself to Christ your Lord and if anybody asks why you believe as you do, be ready to tell him, and do it in a gentle and respectful way. 1 Peter 3:15

Whether you like the way this years Super Bowl turned out or not you have to respect the Colts winning the 2007 season and the acceptance speech by Coach Tony Dungy.
I want to be an effective witness for my Lord. I think Tony was just such a witness on that Super Sunday. Watch a see what you think. He never argued or screamed just told the truth as He knows it. AWESOME!




Lord, at times I find it so difficult to communicate Your love to others. I hold back, afraid to acknowledge You or even worse I try to defend YOU. Help me to speak freely to others of what is most precious to me, my Faith in YOU. I will never win MVP in a Super Bowl or even win a Cadillac, but please help me Gently be used as you win others hearts to yourself.

AMEN


Just Thinkin', and Prayin',

Kathy

Search

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)

A Gentle Answer Ministries (Proverbs 15:1)
Learn more about inviting Kathy (Founder of A G A Ministries) to speak to your team, company, or next event.

CLICK MAP TO BOOK KATHY TO SPEAK AT YOUR EVENT